Thursday, December 17, 2009

In Loving Memory, Part II

Tio Cesar also passed away in November, leaving behind his wife, 3 sons, 3 daughter-in-laws, 4 grandchildren, and many other family members who mourned this loss. I've known Tio Cesar since 1990. He was one of the early visitors to the Ruiz residence after their move to Florida and I met him shortly after John and I started dating. Before Tia Blanca became ill Tio Cesar would visit Florida quite often, and both of them attended our wedding. The last time I saw him was in 2007 during a business trip to Bethesda.

Tio Cesar used to quiz me on my knowledge of the Spanish language - he was always encouraging me to practice, to become fluent, and it made him happy when I understood what he said to me in Spanish. More than once he got onto John for not taking more time to tutor me. He always welcomed me, as all of John's family always has, but I knew him to be a strict and serious man. When I saw him with Isabel, his first grandchild, it was like night and day. It's true, becoming a grandparent softens you in a way that nothing else can - he was absolutely wrapped around her little finger. The only picture I was able to take of him the last time I visited was one of him and Isabel. She's the only one he would pose with. After my visit I created a layout with that picture, shown here.

Credits:
Clustered Template by Tracy's Scraps
fabric papers, stitched word - "Fun Fabric" by Katie the Scrapbook Lady (some papers recolored)
quote - free gift from Katie the Scrapbook Lady


Thankfully in his younger years, though, he always joined in the pictures. Urania has plenty of pictures of him during his visits to Florida and those are the pictures I used in this memorial layout to honor his passing.

Credits:
kit - Dreamy Island by Ingeborg
Fonts – Clerica, Duvall


Rest in Peace, Tio Cesar. You are loved, and you are missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment